Update on review of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and thromboembolic events with concurrent low platelet counts
In view of the available data, the CHM says COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca is contraindicated in patients with a history of major venous and arterial thrombosis with thrombocytopenia. But the overall the vaccine benefits against COVID-19 continue to outweigh any risks in the vast majority of people.
Join OnMedica and benefit from:
- Bitesize CPD and easy to digest content, free for UK-based GPs and specialist doctors
- High-quality, evidence-based content developed by expert editors and clinicians
- Articles, quizzes, videos, visual summaries and more
- Regulatory alerts and round-up of medical journals
- New content added daily, so you know you’re always up to date