SSRI/SNRI antidepressant medicines: small increased risk of postpartum haemorrhage when used in the month before delivery
Prescribers should consider this risk in the context of an individual patient’s bleeding and thrombotic risk assessment during the peripartum period and the benefits of antidepressants for the patient’s mental health during this time.
Join OnMedica and benefit from:
- Bitesize CPD and easy to digest content, free for UK-based GPs and specialist doctors
- High-quality, evidence-based content developed by expert editors and clinicians
- Articles, quizzes, videos, visual summaries and more
- Regulatory alerts and round-up of medical journals
- New content added daily, so you know you’re always up to date