Risk of developing severe COVID-19 only modestly increased in patients with asthma and other respiratory diseases, new analysis shows
Unlike previous studies of people hospitalised with COVID-19, this analysis of 8.3 million electronic health care records in England suggests that the risk of severe COVID-19 is only modestly raised in this group compared to people without chronic respiratory diseases.
Join OnMedica and benefit from:
- Bitesize CPD and easy to digest content, free for UK-based GPs and specialist doctors
- High-quality, evidence-based content developed by expert editors and clinicians
- Articles, quizzes, videos, visual summaries and more
- Regulatory alerts and round-up of medical journals
- New content added daily, so you know you’re always up to date