Pirfenidone (Esbriet): risk of serious liver injury; updated advice on liver function testing
Serious liver injury has been reported during treatment with pirfenidone in the first year after initiation, including two cases with a fatal outcome.
Join OnMedica and benefit from:
- Bitesize CPD and easy to digest content, free for UK-based GPs and specialist doctors
- High-quality, evidence-based content developed by expert editors and clinicians
- Articles, quizzes, videos, visual summaries and more
- Regulatory alerts and round-up of medical journals
- New content added daily, so you know you’re always up to date