Management of diabetes in adults: what’s on the horizon?
Find out how clinical practice may be affected by the upcoming NICE updated guidance on type 2 diabetes – this article highlights the key potential changes for GPs, including new draft recommendations on use of SGLT2 inhibitors.
The recently published NICE draft guidance Type 2 diabetes in adults: management contains several updates that would impact on clinical practice. This article highlights key potential changes of relevance to primary care.
|The draft guidance is undergoing consultation (deadline 14 October 2021).
Final guidance is expected to be published on 15 February 2022.
- Choosing drug treatments – prescribing guidance (NICE draft visual summary)
- First-line drug treatment:
- Risk assessment and treatment choices
- First-line treatment (NICE draft visual summary)
- Checks required before starting an SGLT2 inhibitor
- Advice for adults taking an SGLT2 inhibitor
- Adding an SGLT2 inhibitor at any stage after first-line treatment has been started
- Treatment options if further interventions are needed
- Summary of medicines for type 2 diabetes (NICE draft visual summary)