Live Q&A webinar, 4th November 2021: Palpitations in primary care – should I refer or reassure?
Join Consultant Cardiologist Dr Stephen Dorman on Thursday 4th November for a free, live webinar for GPs followed by a Q&A session covering the essentials on when to refer patients presenting with palpitations.
Knowing when to refer patients presenting with palpitations in a primary care setting is not always straightforward.
That's why we are delighted to invite GPs to attend a free, live Q&A webinar with Consultant Cardiologist Dr Stephen Dorman and OnMedica Medical Editor Dr Luke Koupparis. During this 1-hour session you will be able to review and discuss what best practice looks like, which red flags to be alert to and how to advise patients.
- Short presentation by Dr Dorman covering the following areas:
- Types of palpitations
- History taking and initial assessment
- When to refer a patent with palpitations not requiring admission
- Features suggestive of a serious underlying cause
- Lifestyle advice/changes
- Implications for driving and work
- Live Q&A session: Ask Dr Dorman your questions, which you can submit ahead of the event.
When: Thursday 4th November at 19.00
Not able to attend on 4th November?
About Dr Stephen Dorman
"I am a Consultant Cardiologist at the Bristol Heart Institute where I specialise in coronary and structural intervention. I am the clinical lead for the coronary intervention and transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) services at the BHI. I undertook my interventional fellowship at Hopital Bichat in Paris , before moving to Swansea and then Bristol and have been a consultant for 10 years."