Aminoglycosides (gentamicin, amikacin, tobramycin, and neomycin): increased risk of deafness in patients with mitochondrial mutations
Genetic testing should not delay urgently needed aminoglycoside treatment but may be considered, especially before the start of recurrent or long-term treatment.
Join OnMedica and benefit from:
- Bitesize CPD and easy to digest content, free for UK-based GPs and specialist doctors
- High-quality, evidence-based content developed by expert editors and clinicians
- Articles, quizzes, videos, visual summaries and more
- Regulatory alerts and round-up of medical journals
- New content added daily, so you know you’re always up to date