Implanted vagus nerve stimulation for treatment-resistant depression recommended for special arrangements only
The procedure raises no major safety concerns, but there are frequent, well-recognised side effects.
Join OnMedica and benefit from:
- Bitesize CPD and easy to digest content, free for UK-based GPs and specialist doctors
- High-quality, evidence-based content developed by expert editors and clinicians
- Articles, quizzes, videos, visual summaries and more
- Regulatory alerts and round-up of medical journals
- New content added daily, so you know you’re always up to date