GORD symptoms, red flags and referral guidance
This module contains two short articles, one on the symptoms of GORD and the other on the red flags and indications for referral, followed by a short quiz.
Management of GORD
This module contains a helpful visual summary of the key points in the management pathway of adults with GORD, as per NICE guidance. It also summarises the non-pharmacological measures in the management of GORDs and includes three short reviews of essential prescribing information for each drug therapy options (PPIs, H2RAS, antacids/alginates). It is followed by a short quiz.
What you'll learn
- Typical GORD symptoms.
- Red flags indicative of severe GORD or complications.
- Referral indications for a cancer pathway, endoscopy, and specialist service.
- Non-pharmacological measures.
- Key points from NICE management pathway (visual summary).
- Dosage and prescription information for PPIs, H2RAs, antacids/alginates.