This module reviews the anatomy of the healthy breast and outlines the normal changes through life stages.
Risk factors and prevention
This module outlines the epidemiology of breast cancer and the main risk factors to be aware of for patient education. It includes a downloadable practical visual summary of the surveillance to offer women with and without a personal history, and reviews the prevention steps that can be taken in high risk women.
Presentation, referral and diagnosis
This module covers the different presentations of breast cancer in primary care and includes quick reference tables of when referral to secondary care or genetic testing is indicated. It also summarises the patient work-up and the differential diagnoses to consider.
What you'll learn
- Normal breast anatomy and changes through life stages.
- The risk factors for breast cancer to be aware of for patient education.
- What surveillance to offer women with and without a personal history.
- Prevention steps available.
- The different presentations of cancer in primary care.
- What to include in the patient work-up.
- Differential diagnoses to consider.